Simple Past

 

Verb "BE"

Positive Negative Question
  • I was.
  • You were.
  • He was.
  • She was.
  • It was.
  • We were.
  • You  were.
  • They were.
  • I was not.   OR I wasn't
  • You were not. OR You weren't
  • He was not. OR He wasn't
  • She was not. OR She wasn't
  • It was not. OR It wasn't
  • We were not. OR We weren't
  • You  were not. OR You weren't
  • They were not. OR They weren't
  • Was I?
  • Were you?
  • Was he?
  • Was she?
  • Was it?
  • Were we?
  • Were you?
  • Were they?

Now, watch the powerpoint presentation:
Verb "be" in the Simple Past


REGULAR VERBS

First, look at the chart below, then complete the exercise
Regular Verbs Simple Past exercise

Positive Negative Question
  • I waited.
  • You waited.
  • We waited.
  • They waited.
  • He waited.
  • She waited.
  • It waited.
  • I did not wait.
  • You did not wait.
  • We did not wait.
  • They did not wait.
  • He did not wait.
  • She did not wait.
  • It did not wait.
  • Did I wait?
  • Did you wait?
  • Did we wait?
  • Did they wait?
  • Did he wait?
  • Did she wait?
  • Did it wait?

Comments